Coda File System

What types of stability problems do people encounter with CODA these days?

From: <jefflist_at_snowflight.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 15:31:10 -0500
I know this probably is like a FAQ but the FAQ on the web site looks to be a
little dated.

I am very impressed with the work being done on CODA, it is very exciting. I
am wanting to start using CODA in my next project where I would like to use
the read/write replication and some of the disconnected operation.

As with all software there are always more things to fix, my question is:
what types of problems are most typically encountered in using the latest
version of CODA today? I will be starting with Linux for the servers and the
clients will also be Linux. Would I expect corruption or lost writes when
saving files? Problems under heavier loading (many clients)? Inconsistency
of files? Crashing? or merely just things like compatibility problems
getting various systems to work together. Or another way to ask the question
is, if I am able to get the servers and clients up and working good, how
likely is it that I will encounter data loss or corruption and are there any
ways to work around to prevent this?

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work, this will be the distributed
file system of choice when everything is finished and we can retire NFS once
and for all.

Jeff Barczewski