Coda File System

Re: java-rpc2/sftp

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 12:53:15 -0400
On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 12:35:28AM +0100, David Bo Jensen wrote:
> Hi,
> I once read that Stewart Allen made a java implemtation of the rpc2/sftp
> protocol.
> On http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/mirrors.html it is stated that it can found in
> some repository, but I can't find it.
> Do anyone know where it can be found and in which directory?

It is in a CVS repository. I just checked a copy out, bundled it up in a
tarball, and put it on the ftp server.

    ftp://ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu/pub/rpc2/rpc2-java.tgz

> Where is the best documentation over the messages sent between client and
> server? Do we have any state diagrams?
>
> Regards
>   David

The best available documentation is probably the 'RPC2 User Guide and
Reference Manual', it should for the most part be reasonably close
to the actual implementation.

    http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/rpc2_manual.html or,
    http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/ps/rpc2_manual.ps.gz