Coda File System

UNIX-domain sockets on a Coda FS?

From: Bill Gribble <grib_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: 18 Oct 1999 12:24:39 -0500
I'm having a problem running a new window manager and I can't explain
my problems any other way than by blaming coda :)

The WM is called "sawmill", and it uses a UNIX-domain socket in the
~/.sawmill/ directory to allow runtime configuration and communication.
When my home directory is a Coda-mounted volume (5.3.1, linux-glibc2.1,
kernel 2.2.10), launching sawmill leaves this error message in
my .xsession-errors :

bind: Input/output error

... and no socket gets created, so I am unhappy.

The same config without Coda works fine (except for kernel version,
2.2.12 instead of 2.2.10).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble