Coda File System

Re: mkmount error

From: Alan Scheinine <scheinin_at_crs4.it>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:03:36 +0100 (MET)
Jan Harkes wrote that is not 100 percent not true that propogation
of server information would be impeded by a dead client.
That is, I wrote:
 > So to summarize, if venus
 > is foobar on just one machine, it may not be possible to create
 > new volumes.
and Jan wrote that this conclusion is wrong.  I just want to say
that the original suggestion in the message,
 The `simplest' thing in this case is to log into the SCM, and run:
 /etc/rc.d/init.d/update.init restart
 And then do the same thing on all other servers.

 Well, I came to my conclusion because I had restarted everything
 on the machine that had the client problem (and was also a
 server for replicas) [not the SCM] and the problem remained
 with not being able to mount the volume.  The problem was only
 solved when the machine was rebooted.  I assume that in the
 case the actual cause was subtle.

Alan Scheinine  scheinin_at_crs4.it