Coda File System

Re: pam_coda module alpha2

From: Robin Gareus <Robin.Gareus_at_urz.uni-heidelberg.de>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 20:07:02 +0100 (MET)
> ........... and I suggest you mark it
> as unsafe for use in any exposed network environment.  The unsafeness of
> relying on Coda tokens for authentication to a service other than Coda
> (i.e., the local machine) has been discussed previously on the mailing
> list ..............
I completely agree with you, and will add a mark on the web-page.
nevertheless i will not give up that module ;) because i consider the
pam_module as usefull, since I use it (not for authentication but for
creating tokens) on a local network, here.

robin
Robin Gareus
Universitaetsrechenzentrum
Im Neuenheimer Feld 293
69120 Heidelberg
Email       : robin.gareus_at_urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Phone       : 06221/54 4599
PGP         : Public Key at http://www.gareus.de/public.asc
Fingerprint : 12 0F DE 6B 58 E4 4B 23 D2 92 6A 23 EA 0B 14 9F