Coda File System

Re: Disconnected operation

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 13:04:07 -0400
On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 05:06:49PM +0100, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:
>      hoard -f hoard
>      canonicalize: chdir(zlsiial) failed (Permission denied)
>
> This refers to a directory whose ACLs are:
>
>      System:Administrators  rlidwka
>                    zlsiial  rlidwka
>
> Is it necessary to make it world readable before running hoard?
> I will say that the user running hoard has a coda token.

I'm not sure, I know my email folders get hoarded:

    $ cfs la /coda/usr/jaharkes/Mail
    System:Administrators  rlidwka
                 jaharkes  rlidwka

But in this case I am the one who submitted these directories in the
hoard database. So I don't know if the hoard daemon accesses the
directories with the permissions of the person that entered the hoard
entry.