Coda File System

Re: Venus sleeps and dies, client-5.3.6-1, RH 6.2 (Update)

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:19:20 -0400
On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 02:47:16PM -0400, Karl G Scheidt wrote:
> OK, I configured a 5.3.6-1 server on a machine running RH 6.0 identical to the
> server that I was having problems with on the RH 6.2 machine.  All of
> the clients connect to that server with no problem, including clients
> installed on RH 6.2 machines.  So it is my thought that neither Coda
> server (5.3.6-1 or 5.3.5-1) likes RH 6.2.

I have not yet set up any RH6.2 machines here, and all releases are
compiled on a 5.2 machine. Maybe grabbing the source rpm's and
rebuilding on 6.2 would help?

I don't know whether the problems are caused by a newer version of
glibc, or changes in the network configuration (bad routing, /etc/hosts
entries, etc.). These are things that generally break between every
other new RedHat release, f.i. if you do a network install of RH5.2, the
network configuration is completely messed up afterwards.