Coda File System

kerberos and coda problems

From: Chris Jantzen <chris_at_maybe.net>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 12:04:52 -0700 (PDT)
I have installed coda-5.3.7 on an SMP Linux 2.2.14 machine based on Red
Hat 5.2 (originally, due for upgrade <sigh>). I am successfully running
Kerberos 5 from the MIT distribution (1.1.1) elsewhere on the network
(including on this host for rcmd-type stuff). Whenever I try to run kclog
into the server running kauth2, I get "Invalid login (RPC2_NOBINDING
(F))." as the error message. Tweaking the source to narrow down the error
messages, it looks like the kclog client is getting out of sequence
somehow in RPC2 negotiation; on the wire, I see INIT1SECURE go into the
server, then INIT2 come out of the server and then the client just NAK's
it every single time. This creates a timeout loop at the sl.c level, which
eventually just dies, and fails to bind, I'm assuming. I could mail
extensive -x and rpc2tcpdump logs to a relevant person if asked. This
seems a bit of a showstopper. *Most* everything else in coda seems to be
starting up and running just fine.

--
chris kb7rnl =->