Coda File System

HTTP piggyback? [was: Non-tiny files unavailable]

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2000 09:24:32 +0900 (JST)

    Jan> I guess that people who have to manage the firewall would
    Jan> really hate it.

Anybody who allows _anything_ to pass through their firewall at the IP
level by default deserves what they get, as far as I can tell.

Any stream can be tunneled through, and given the conflicting
incentives of users and firewall admins, the admins should assume that
knowledgable users will do so.  Better that we produce a well-
documented tunnel that they can supervise than users produce ad-hoc
solutions that are much harder to deal with.