Coda File System

problems with coda server

From: Ashwin Krishna Patil <apatil_at_eecs.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 18:44:43 -0400 (EDT)
OK now I am installing the 5.3.7 coda source.  I ran the setup scripts and
everything went fine configuring the server.  I run codastart and codasrv
dies.  Looking in the error log, I see:

could not open key 2 file: No such file or directory
[18:40:27]Main Process: "rpc2b.c", line 124:   RPC_Init(): Couldn't create
socket
Assertion failed: RPC2_Init(RPC@_VERSION, 0, &port1, retrycnt, &to) ==
RPC2_SUCCESS, file "../../../coda-src/vice/srv.cc", line 484
VENUS IS EXITING! Bye!

I don't understand because I installed the rpc2 libraries. Does anyone
have a clue?

Ashwin Patil
ph. (734) 213-2003
email: apatil_at_eecs.umich.edu