Coda File System

Re: Coda client won't start (RH 6.1 + 2.2.14)

From: Shafeeq Sinnamohideen <shafeeq_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 12:31:44 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 29 May 2000, WEB-Networks wrote:

> Thank you both for the quick reply, but it is none of these solutions.
> Their are no other programs running using /coda and /coda is umounted. It
> never was mounted because it didn't work a single time. What does the
> HDBDaemon do exactually.
>
> Joost

The HDBDaemon handles requests to modify the Hoard Database, which is the
set of files you want venus to try to keep in its cache at all times. It
shouldn't be doing much at this stage, so I'd suspect something in
another thread is the real cause. Just to make sure, does it do the same
thing when started as venus -init ?

Shafeeq