Coda File System

Is Coda ready for everyday use?

From: Dr. Douglas C. MacKenzie <doug_at_mobile-intelligence.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 11:54:51 -0500
Is Coda is ready to deploy in an office environment?

I'm setting up an office where 4 or 5 programmers
will be working on RedHat Linux machines to perform
normal day to day development tasks.  There will be
large development trees and a lot of interaction.
Coda looks to have several advantages to a traditional NFS
setup for file sharing and I'm considering using it.

Is anyone using it in a similar situation?  If so, would you
recommend it?  I don't want to spend a lot of time keeping
Coda running and I don't want to have a lot of downtime from
system crashes.

I'm interested in your opinions.

    Doug MacKenzie
    doug_at_mobile-intelligence.com