Coda File System

RE: RH62 client access problem

From: <DApel_at_omnipoint.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 17:08:25 -0600
About 2 minutes after I posted, I found an older post from you explaining
that same error number to another newbie, so I apologize for not finding
that previously.  Based on that earlier posting, I added these two machines
into my DNS domain and configured the machines appropriately.

Network-wise, the two machines can ping each other at .4ms, they are on the
same hub, in the same DNS domain, and I can perform forward and reverse
nslookups on both machines from both machines.

I still get the same client error after correcting the name resolution.

Question: before I mixed DNS into this, I was using plain hosts files, using
unqualified hostnames.  My coda server names (vice-setup and venus-setup)
are using the non-qualified hostnames.... I can ping each box using the
unqualified hostname, but do I perhaps need to re-initialize the coda server
and/or client using the fully-qualified hostname instead?   Does that sound
plausible?

Doug Apel
Sr. Network Administrator
Omnipoint Technologies, Inc.