Coda File System

Re: what is Administrator's passwd ?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 11:38:44 -0400
On Mon, Jun 12, 2000 at 02:24:53PM +0800, Zhong Haoming wrote:
> Hi! every ,
>   I am a newer to coda, and after I setup coda
> I want to add user to users table. so I type
>
> $au nu
> Your Vice name: zhonghm   # my coda administator's passwd
> Your password:            # I type the unix account "zhonghm" 's passwd
> RPC2_Bind() --> RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)
>
> so , my question is what is the administrator's passwd?
> Does it not equal to the unix account's passwd ?

No, Coda still uses XOR encoding to `secure' the rpc2 communication.
Ofcourse XOR is totally inadequate for this because we don't have a
magical one-time pad ;), so we do not share the unix passwords with the
Coda passwords.

The administrator password should be "changeme" on any freshly
initialized system. You can use `cpasswd' or `au cp' to change it into
something different.