Coda File System

Re: Coda kernel module startup error on RH6.2 client

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 11:40:51 -0400
On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 10:17:35AM -0500, Dr. Douglas C. MacKenzie wrote:
> I have successfully installed a Coda server and client running on RedHat
> 6.2. When I tried to start venus on a second machine as just a client
> I get the following errors in the /var/log/messages
> Jun 13 10:07:25 maple kernel: Failure of coda_cnode_make for root: error -110

ETIMEDOUT, the client was unable to get the attributes of the root
directory for the root volume on the server. /usr/coda/venus.log on the
client and /vice/srv/SrvLog on the server might have more information
about why we failed to fetch it.

> Also, the file  /usr/sbin/venus-setup from the rpm file
> coda-debug-client-5.3.7-1.i386.rpm
> references a utility called codaconfedit
> which is not in any of the rpms that I can find.

It should be in /usr/sbin, but you are right, it isn't there. I'll make
sure it ends up in the right place for 5.3.8.