Coda File System

disconnected operation

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 13:08:31 +0900 (JST)
I haven't checked this carefully to see exactly what's going on, but
with venus/vice 5.3.7 the sequence

clog
ifconfig eth0 down
(assorted manipulations of cfs)

leaves me unable to write any files or even list acls (I had just
started venus and had not done any writes), while continuing

ifconfig eth0 up
cfs la .
cfs disconnect
ifconfig eth0 down

works fine with full access (per ACLs of course) to writing files.

This doesn't seem very good to me, nor do the docs mention it (in
particular, the Coda-HOWTO seems to indicate that disconnecting the
network is a substitute for cfs disconnect).