Coda File System

Re: Problems after 5.3.8 upgrade

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 11:40:38 -0400
On Wed, Jul 19, 2000 at 10:44:28PM +0100, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:
> I've just upgraded to coda 5.3.8 (lwp 1.4, rvm 1.1, rpc2 1.5)
> on a group of Linux 2.2.16 systems with libc 2.1.3, gcc 2.95.2.
> The problem I'm having is that I no longer seem to be able to
> write files into Coda as any user.  I have ctokens
> and I have all ACLS for my current directory.  The cache is set
> to 300 mb, and the directory has 37 mb of files including
> the DATA and LOG files.  I have a file 518 bytes in size named
> Makefile, and I'm trying to copy it into coda:
>
> $ ll /tmp/wwwjob/Makefile
> -rw-------   1 zlsiial  nogroup       518 Jul 19 07:42 /tmp/wwwjob/Makefile
> $ cp -p /tmp/wwwjob/Makefile .
> cp: ./Makefile: Invalid argument
> $ ll Makefile
> -rw-------   1 zlsiial  nogroup         0 Jul 19 22:36 Makefile
> $ rm Makefile
> $ (cd /tmp/wwwjob;tar cf - Makefile)|tar xif -
> tar: Makefile: Cannot write

Now that is very strange. I am curious what is rejecting the operation.
Does it only affect the Makefile file in that directory, or simply the
creation of any file anywhere?

Does the kernel print any errors to the console (or use dmesg to see the
last kernel error messages).

Is any activity in codacon indicating that venus tries to send a
Create/Store to the server.

It looks like the create succeeds, but the store operation is completely
failing. On what operation does it return EINVAL,
 `strace -e trace=file cp -p /tmp/wwwjob/Makefile' should show that.

Is the disk containing /usr/coda/venus.cache full?