Coda File System

Re: Some Experiences with Coda and Solaris 7 (sparc)

From: Max Berger <max.berger_at_xslt.de>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 23:33:16 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,
On Sat, 22 Jul 2000, Jan Harkes wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 10:40:57PM +0200, Max Berger wrote:
> > I've started testing coda on Solaris 7 sparc machines. Here are some
> > results:
> > The client installed successfully on a Sparc5 and an Ultra1.
> > However, on an ultra10 I got (during make install):
> Is the ultra10 a 64-bit machine? I'm not sure whether the kernel module
> works correctly on 64-bit CPUs, and pretty sure that the userspace code
> doesn't work.

It is a 64 machine, but I think I run a 32-bit kernel, I am, however now
absolutely sure. I'll have to test on other machines.

Another bug I've just stepped over: Most scripts have
  #!/bin/sh
in their top line. The scripts, however use bash-syntax. I had to change
everything to /usr/local/bin/bash for it to work (this is, however, not
suitable on linux machines, grmpf)

> Jan

mfG

Max Berger