Coda File System

Re: Some Experiences with Coda and Solaris 7 (sparc)

From: Phil Nelson <phil_at_cs.wwu.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 22:30:03 -0700 (PDT)
>and the device /devices/pseudo/coda_at_0:coda is never created, which causes
>venus to fail.

This is a 64 bit problem.  The solaris code works only on 32 bit
kernels.  This would include the i386 (tested on Solaris 7) and
any 2.6 kernel.  But Solaris 7 on the 64 bit machines will fail due
to the kernel module not correctly  working with the 64 bit kernel.
I haven't taken the time to trace down all that needs to be done
to get it correct.  If you can get it working, I'd love to have the
corrections.

--
Phil Nelson                       NetBSD: http://www.netbsd.org
e-mail: phil@cs.wwu.edu           Coda: http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu