Coda File System

Re: Authentication problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:36:12 -0400
On Tue, Aug 01, 2000 at 04:16:01PM -0500, Kyle Sheumaker wrote:
> I'm new to coda, and having a few problems.  I have version 5.3.8 on
> both the client and server.  I tried to use cpasswd but no matter what
> user I have a token for, or what argument I give cpasswd I always get
> "bind failed; user unauthenticated" the same thing happens on the
> client.  Is this a known bug, or do I have something setup wrong?
>
> I also have a problem when using "au cp" to change passwords on the
> client.  I have tried logging in with the admin user or a regular user
> and always get "RPC2_Bind() -->  RPC2_NOBINDING (F)."  I even tried the
> -h option, still dosen't work.  If I do an "au cp" on the server it
> works great, no problems.  What am I doing wrong?

I don't know what is causing this, multiple people have now reported the
exact same problem. The common theme seems to be RedHat 6.2.

What version of lwp and rpc2 are you using?

Could you run clog from within gdb and turn up rpc2 logging, I should be
able to figure out why messages are dropped by the client from there.

    $ script clog-out
    $ gdb clog
    gdb> break main
    gdb> run
    gdb> p RPC2_DebugLevel = 10
    gdb> continue
    <username>
    <password>
    gdb> q
    $ ^D
    $ mail -s"clog-out" jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu < clog-out