Coda File System

Re: No space left in volume log

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:49:32 -0400
On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 10:51:34PM +0200, Piotr K. Isajew wrote:
> While running coda server I'm getting something like this:
> 22:43:37 AllocViaWrapAround: Reclaiming first log rec of 0x99.a75
>
> And codasrv process dies. What am I supposed to do?

Is this on a volume with only a single replica, or with multiple
replicas?

When there is only one replica, turn off resolution for the volume.

    volutil setlogparms 0x1000002 reson 0

When you have multiple replicas, this should not really happen, except
when the servers are unable to communicate with each other. In any case
you can increase the resolution log size for all replicas.

    volutil setlogparms 0x1000002 reson 4 logsize 16384
    volutil -h <other-replica-server> setlogparms <other-replica-id> \
	    reson 4 logsize 16384