Coda File System

Re: Adding space to a server

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:04:10 +0900 (JST)

    Jan> On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 10:01:05AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull
    Jan> wrote:
    >> I've got a small installation (about 750MB in /vicepa) and
    >> would like to double that.  Can I just add a partition mounted
    >> on /vicepb and update /vice/db/vicetab?

    Jan> Yes, but you need to touch /vicepb/FTREEDB, because the
    Jan> server will not just start using the partition until that
    Jan> file exists. And restart the server after updating vicetab,
    Jan> otherwise it doesn't know about the new partition.

Thanks.  I figured that out later (says so right in sbin/vice-setup*),
but having confirmation is always nice.

Although I've occasionally had trouble running the scripts due to not
following the rules (they've always worked when I've done as
instructed), they are wonderful documentation for those who wish to do
it their own way!