Coda File System

Re: AuthNewUser() --> AUTH_FAILED

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 10:07:32 -0400
On Mon, Oct 09, 2000 at 02:04:30PM +0000, Stephen Torri wrote:
> I can log into my coda server and get access via administrator (coda).
> What I cannot do is create a new user.
>
> Here is the output trying to create a new user called "torri":
>
> [root_at_mobile root]$ au nu
> Your Vice name: coda
> Your password: (I typed the admin password)
> RPC2_BIND() --> RPC2_SUCCESS
> Vice user: torri
> New password: changeme
> New info: regular user
> AuthNewUser() --> AUTH_FAILED

The administrative side of Coda is still a bit rough. The user has to be
added to the protection databases with pdbtool on the server first.

The steps for adding a new user are well described in chapter 10 of the
Coda File System User and System Administrators Manual.

    http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/manual/x2572.html

Or print out the postscript version (92 pages):
 http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/ps/manual.ps.gz (114439 bytes)