Coda File System

Re: Debian configuration issues

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:58:53 -0400
On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 09:41:09AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     Jan> It looks like we are missing libdb-dev or something, or
>     Jan> libdb-dev doesn't contain the libdb1.so link
>
> No.  Hate to tell you this, but it's Debian policy now.  See attached.

In that case, all coda-servers in a cell with Debian machines will have
to use libdb2 for the pdbtool databases, or

on the SCM:
    remove prot_users.db and prot_index.db from /vice/db/files.
    add users.coda and groups.coda to /vice/db/files.

    After adding a user run:
    ( cd /vice/db ;
      pdbtool export users.coda groups.coda )

on the Debian non-SCM servers: