Coda File System

Re: Two simple questions

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 08:58:26 -0500
On Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 01:09:44PM +0100, Piotr K. Isajew wrote:
> pkinb:~$ cfs lv /coda
>   Status of volume 0x7f000000 (2130706432) named "pkiroot"
>   Volume type is ReadWrite
>   Minimum quota is 0, maximum quota is unlimited
>   Current blocks used are 337690
>   The partition has 237806 blocks available out of 1545233
>   Write-back is disabled
>
> Here are my questions:
>
> 1. Could You tell me, why there is no available space on /coda while
>    i'm connected to server, and it seems that everything is updated on
>    server?
> Coda                     50000       210     -2900   -  /coda

Cache usage accounting is broken. It is possibly related to unlinking an
open-for-write file, but I haven't had a chance to look into it very
well and create a reliable sequence of commands that cause the leak.

> 2. What should I do to find the "pending conflicts" (i.e. tell venus
>    to show me what files are in conflict)?
>   Connection State is Connected
>   *** There are pending conflicts in this volume ***

This is a server-server conflict, so the client really doesn't know
where the conflict is. The server just told it `hey something is wrong
with this volume'. Normally when venus hits an inconsistent object it's
location is printed on the console (and in /usr/coda/etc/console). The
other way of finding the conflict is by searching for (dangling)
symlinks that represent the conflicts:

    find /coda/path/to/volume -noleaf -lname @\*