Coda File System

Problems on FreeBSD 4.2

From: Gabriel Ambuehl <gabriel_ambuehl_at_buz.ch>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 19:50:25 +0100
Hello,
I've been trying to get CODA 5.3.9 working in the last days and I
guess I was successful doing the vice-setup tasks but I'm obviously
failing when it comes to venus-setup as this will complain about
missing device cfs0 which really doesn't exists (but also isn't listed
in makedev). I've rebuilt the kernel using
OPTIONS      CODA
to compile coda support in but this won't solve the problem. Has
anyone got any good ideas to solve this? Or, if this is allowed here,
might also point me to other solutions which allow you to replicate
servers in close to realtime, which means to us that the
backup server shouldn't lag more than 1min behind in normal operation.

Best regards,
 Gabriel