Coda File System

Re: missing rpm?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 10:46:08 -0500
On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 04:14:13PM +0100, Job Eisses wrote:
> fergal_at_esatclear.ie wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >  I can't find the rpm for the rvm-tools for linux, anyone know where it
> > is, or where I can get spec files to build my own rpms? Thanks,
> >
> > Fergal
>
> I missed them too; and went for the source. Rvm needed liblwp source as
> well. Compiled ok, but ran into "RPC2_Init(): Couldn't create socket" on
> starting rpc2portmap. Then i removed all rpms and compiled the lot from
> source. Still no joy, this error went away but now i get "socket 3:
> Operation not permitted" on running createvol_rep. Do you use RH62 too ?

The failed socket creation could be a result of rpc2portmap was not
listed in /etc/services.

The operation not permitted error might be because you didn't run the
script as root, although that shouldn't affect createvol_rep too much as
long as /vice/vol and /vice/db are not writeable by your userid.

groetjes,