Coda File System

Replication Server doesn't work...

From: sejo pan <span_at_vill.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:32:48 -0500
Hi there,

I have been trying to setup a second coda server (non-SCM) so that
it can take over to serve the clients when the SCM fails.

1. Is this possible at all?

2. How exactly should I do it?  I used vice-setup on the SCM server and
the second server, no error messages. Then I used venus-setup on the
client (gave it both names of the servers), no error messages. But any
change made by the client only appears on the SCM server (/vicepa).
The other non-SCM server doen'st sync up with the SCM server (its
/vicepa always contain a zero-sized FTREEDB).

If anyone can provicd a more detailed procedure (I'm a newbie...) I'd
appreciate it. Thanks. I am running coda on RedHat 2.2.14-5.0.

Sejo Pan