Coda File System

Re: Client (only) configuration

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 12:31:26 -0500
On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 05:34:35PM +0100, Steffen Neumann wrote:
> 	udp  server.TechF:codasrv-se *:*   4296/codasrv
> 	udp  server.TechFak.:codasrv *:*   4296/codasrv
>
> Now, where should I continue debugging ?
> Did I get it correct that venus is trying to contact
> codasrv on the UDP Port 2432 without success,
> even though it seems that codasrv is listening.

If the /etc/hosts file on the SCM has 127.0.0.1 associated with your
server, the VLDB file contains incorrect information and the client will
try to send queries to 127.0.0.1:2432 which is localhost and the server
is not listening there.

> Any ideas ?

Check /etc/hosts, and rerun bldvldb.sh after correcting the problem I
described. Then restart the client with the -init flag so that it
forgets about the wrong server ip-address.