Coda File System

5.3.11 -> 5.3.12 troubles

From: Petr Tuma <petr.tuma_at_mff.cuni.cz>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 21:47:45 +0100
Hello,

seeing how there's CODA 5.3.12 around for over a week and I was still
running 5.3.11, I thought to upgrade, so I just took the RPM files
(running RedHat Linux 7) and switched one of the servers from 5.3.11 to
5.3.12. This caused the other servers up at that time to crash with an
assertion failure (the new version of the client did not start,
complaining of "cannot mount /coda, killing process". This made me kinda
worried, so I took the new server down, only to find out that now the
old servers and clients run until I try to access the replicated volume.
On access, the client hangs with no error message, last thing from
codacon is "ValidateAttrs <dir> [50]" ... any ideas what now ?

Sincerely,
Petr Tuma