Coda File System

Re: My experiences with Coda and why I went back to NFS

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 16:04:47 -0500
On Sun, Jan 28, 2001 at 03:20:17PM -0500, Brad Clements wrote:
> On 28 Jan 2001, at 15:03, Jan Harkes wrote:
>
> > That is a store of an empty file... Is the remote user using ReiserFS as
> > the partition underlying /usr/coda/venus.cache? Reiserfs logs changes
> > when the file is closed, but the Coda kernel module does operations on
> > the inode, and not on the file. So ReiserFS never accepts any data
> > written through /coda.
>
> No, its ext2

Strange. In any case, I haven't really played with quotas at all, so it
would very well be a bug in the handling of writes when the quota is
exceeded. The only thing is that I think the server is responsible for
the the quota check. So I can't see a reason why the client would
intervene and attempt to store an empty file.