Coda File System

Re: StarOffice

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 20 Feb 2001 11:32:55 +0100
Hi,

we recently had a problem with StarOffice on a Sun NFS Server.
After we solved that, I tried SO on coda again. Works now.

Problem is the inode problem with 2.2 kernel
and also file locking,

To solve 1): Don't install to coda file system.

<bad hack>
	venus stop
	mkdir /coda/staroffice ( on your ext2 root partition!!!!)
		or link /coda/staroffice to 300MB free space
	install with -net into /coda/staroffice
	tar czvf /tmp/so.tgz /coda/staroffice
	rm -rf /coda/staroffice
	venus start
	tar xzvf so.tgz
<bad /hack>

to solve 2):
	edit /coda/staroffice/program/[setup|soffice]
	and remove comment from export STAR_PROFILE_LOCKING_DISABLED=1

... and bob is your uncle !
The idea has been taken from
the Solaris README for StarOffice.

And another step towards world-domination for coda.
If only we'd get mysqld to work...

So long,
Steffen