Coda File System

Re: Problems with mysql - solved

From: Steffen Neumann <sneumann_at_TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Date: 20 Feb 2001 16:34:33 +0100
Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu> writes:

> On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 04:00:13PM +0100, Steffen Neumann wrote:
[...]
> Coda should support all basic read/write/mmap related system calls. It
> looks like a subtle pagecache problem in the kernel. The data might be
> written into the Coda inode page mappings, and read from the underlying
> container inode pages. Adding an fsync right before the close might
> actually show that the problem disappears.

Hi,

We now got mysql to work. I don't really know why and how,
but telling config.h not to use pwrite (outcomment HAVE_PWRITE)
solved the problem.

Does it make sense to look deeper into that ?
I'd be willing to do so, if told what and how.

mysql has its own layer of system abstraction functions,
so its easy to add all sorts of debugging output
to every use of pwrite.

Yours,
Steffen

Hum, since I got most of what we need to work now,
now may be the time to think about backup ... ?