Coda File System

Repair problem

From: Abhinav Khushraj <abhinav_at_cise.ufl.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:44:46 -0500 (EST)
Hi
    I am having this problem and have not been able to figure out why.
Any help will be appreciated.

   I use gdb to attach to codasrv and then try to edit some
files(using vi) in the client. The gdb stops at a breakpoint in
between and eventually the client gets disconnected as it is not able
to get any response. Fine!
   So now I quit gdb and try to do 'cfs fr /coda' which
complains of conflicts.
   I even get messages reporting 'Local inconsistent object on
/coda/dir4'. However, when I try to do 'repair' and then 'beginrepair
/coda/dir4' it surprisingly says 'object not in conflict'. And then
if I try after some time again, it detects the conflict and I am able
to successfully repair it. Can some one explain why and what should be
done so that I can repair the conflicts immediately.

--
Abhinav

Masters Computer Science
University of Florida

Phone: 352 336 3793     1111 SW 16th Ave #90
Office:352 392 6857	Gainesville-32601
	http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~abhinav

You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun,
than with a kind word alone.
--Al Capone