Coda File System

Replicated Volume Problem

From: Froody Dude <rod_at_poptel.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2001 12:28:20 +0000
Hi,

I'm having trouble with replicated volumes.  I have added the following
to my /vice/db/VSGDB

E0000100 SCM
E0000101 NONSCM
E0000104 SCM NONSCM

and the /vice/db/servers file

SCM                      1
NONSCM            2

My root volume works o.k. and I can place items in the /coda/ root
directory and they appear o.k. on the nonscm machine.  However when I
tried to mount my replication directories something strange happened,
the required mount point appeared on both servers o.k. and was
accessible for around 1 minute on the nonscm machine but on the SCM
machine I kept on getting the following message :

qmail/: Resource temporarily unavailable.

(qmail is the mount point name).  After roughly a minute the NONSCM also

started giving the same message when trying to cd into /coda/qmail.

I recieved a whole load of messages in the logs and have searched for
references but have not been able to resolv the problem.

Errors in log on SCM

11:50:16 ViceResolve:Couldnt lock volume 7f000005 at all accessible
servers
11:51:39 CheckRetCodes: server nonscm-ip-address returned error 22

Errors in log on NONSCM

12:00:48 GetVolObj: VGetVolume(7f000005) error 103
12:00:48 GrabFsObj, GetVolObj error Volume not online
12:00:48 RS_LockAndFetch: Couldnt translate Vid for (0x7f000005.0x1.0x1)