Coda File System

[ coda newbie] problems with venus

From: Sangohn Christian <christian.sangohn_at_post.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 00:33:50 +0100
Hello all!

Id like to switch from nfs to coda because I was told coda is muh more
powerful and secure.
The documentation sounds great. But it seems difficult to heve coda running.
Im beginning with the client venus, as stated tin the howto:
I configured only the test server from cmu.edu as server and a cache size of
60MB. Then I ran codacon. But it doesnt seem to work. Here is some output:

sikasso:~# /etc/init.d/coda-client start
/usr/sbin/venus already running.
sikasso:~# /etc/init.d/coda-client restart
Stopped /usr/sbin/venus (pid 225).
/usr/sbin/venus already running.
sikasso:~# codacon
codacon: bind to localhost failed, venus not running?
codacon: bind to localhost failed, venus not running?

What am I doing wrong?

TIA