Coda File System

Re: codasrv quits uppon startup

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:44:43 +0930 (CST)
According to Jan Harkes:

>I didn't know there was an offset problem with NetBSD 1.5.

Mea culpa - I think I mentioned it to Phil Nelson but did not report
it officially...

> Looking at
>the NetBSD-current tree, I see no patches related to RVM offsets either.

Yes, the current package is bit-rotting a bit.

>Patch-ab is interesting, we should probably test for the ncurses.h

You should not use ncurses any more for NetBSD.  It is not necessary,
all the functionality that the Coda tools require is provided by the
standard NetBSD curses.

>It looks like patch-ac already got applied to our tree. Hmm, and the
>version that is being built (coda-5.3.5) is already over a year old.

Yes, it is old.  I tried to get the package updated but I am having
problems with libtool.  I get things compiled but when I install them
they bomb out because they cannot find the libraries, it looks like
the library paths are not being rewritten during the make install
because the binaries run fine in the compile directories.  I don't
understand enough about libtool at the moment to work out what needs
to change to correct this.  I shall try and talk to some of the other
NetBSD guys and try to get a clue about libtool.