Coda File System

Re: Problem with ACLs - I think!

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:08:08 -0400
On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 11:51:29AM +0100, Dermot Cassidy wrote:
> To cut a long story short there's a problem with the startup script.
> Changing the relevant lines as follows sorts the problem out
> (originals hashed out):
>
> 	#updateclnt -h `cat ${VICE}/db/scm`  -q coda_udpsrv &
> 	updateclnt -h `cat ${VICE}/db/scm` &
>
> 	#updatesrv -p ${VICE}/db &
> 	updatesrv -p ${VICE} &

Actually the updatesrv could even be started without arguments.

This must have been hell to figure out. I've applied your changes to the
rc.vice.in script in CVS.

> '-q' was an outdated option.  Also although the latest documentation
> I have says that the coda client install places the following entries
> in /etc/services:

What documentation is that? I'd like to correct it. These are the
portnumbers we used before IANA allocated a block of ports for us,
which happened almost three years ago...

The SCM in our "production environmont" is a linux machine. And when we
set up an experimental test-cell we usually don't go for the whole
replicated setup. That is why we never noticed the incorrect updatesrv
startup.