Coda File System

newbie question2

From: tin <tin_at_tinwong.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 03:13:51 +0800
hi all:

after mount coda , when i touch a file to /coda
touch: creating `/coda/ab': Permission denied

where can set permission and howto login?

and i don't understand some questions in vice-setup
1. Setting up ROOTVOLUME file
Enter the name of the rootvolume (< 32 chars) :

Is this rootvolume for store my data or store metadata?

2.Setting up users and groups for Coda
You need to give me a uid (not 0) and username (not root)
for a Coda System:Administrator member on this server,
(sort of a Coda super user)
Enter the uid of this user: 500
Enter the username of this user: test

 when i will using this user?

3. What is your data partition (or file)? /dev/hdc7
The data size must be approx 4% of you server file space.  We
have templates for servers of approx: 500M, 1G, 2.2G, 3.3G, 8G
(you can store less, but not more on such servers).
The corresponding data sizes are  22M, 44M, 90M, 130M, 315M.
Pick one of the defaults, otherwise I will bail out
What is the size of you data partition (or file)
[22M, 44M, 90M, 130M, 200M, 315M]: 44M

What this for? metadata? or store my data file?

4. can i install coda server and coda client in
    same machine?

thank you very much

tin