Coda File System

Web farms & coda

From: Piotr K. Isajew <pki_at_ex.com.pl>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 19:08:51 +0200
Hi to all,

I'm going to use coda to serve files for a high availability web
service. I plan to use multiple coda servers and multiple clients (web
servers).

As I expect the service to grow rapidly, I would like to ask you about
your experiences with high capacity configurations?

I wonder what are the maximum volume sizes, numbers of files, file
sizes, working in practice? Could you shortly describe such a
configurations (I mean size of RVM partition, is the data directory a
part of normal filesystem, or did you used a separate partition (size)
for this purpose, max number of servers used, any RAM considerations).

Thanks for any info.

Piotr