Coda File System

Re: vice-setup on non-scm -- I have the same problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 14:42:39 -0400
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 12:52:44PM -0500, Kelly Corbin wrote:
> I found the problem.  updatesrv when called from codastart has the -p
> /vice/db option which sets the working directory as /vice/db.  When the
> vice-setup script is run on the non-scm machine and calls updatefetch,
> it looks for $vicedir/db/servers which is actually /vice/db/db/servers
> (it should be just /vice/db/servers).  So either vice-setup needs to use
> /vice or codastart needs to set the working directory to /vice; one or
> the other.

Hmm, this was fixed in both the SysV and BSD init scripts. Just remove
all arguments from updatesrv, the compiled in default should be enough.
The following would be a good replacement for codastart which will work
on both SCM and non-SCM servers.

==== codastart ====
#!/bin/sh
if [ "`cat /vice/hostname`" = "`cat /vice/db/scm`" ]
then
    rpc2portmap &
    updatesrv &
    auth2 &