Coda File System

RE: No more than 7440 files per dir???

From: Steve Wray <steve.wray_at_the.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 09:51:22 +1200
I like your positive attitude!

Coda, it seems, will never be a production-quality
filesystem. It will always be experimental.

But the lessons learned in its development (such as this one,
where the scaled-down nature of coda means that it cannot
realistically be scaled up after development) will surely
be very helpful in the development of future systems.