Coda File System

Re: Mount system call failed

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:38:30 -0400
On Mon, Jul 02, 2001 at 04:31:28PM +0200, Wim Godden wrote:
> It seems making the directory /coda helped once... I was able to start
> venus fine, but when I wanted to copy a file to it, I got permission
> denied.

Yes, the venus-setup script didn't have a default name for the /coda
mountpoint, so it fails to create it when run the first time.

Once venus was up and running it disallows write access for any user
without an authentication token (even the root user).

> Now when I start venus, it gives me the same odd error as before. I just
> rebooted the system, started the server (which seems to be running fine,
> although there are no messages at all in the logfiles), and I get the
> samen things again...

No messages in the logfiles sounds very suspicious. I would expect at
least some form of 'Fileserver started' in /vice/srv/SrvLog.