Coda File System

Re: "exec" does not see file changes

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:48:07 -0400
On Sun, Jul 01, 2001 at 10:52:30PM +0200, Ivan Popov wrote:
> On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, Ivan Popov wrote:
>
> Talking to myself :)
>
> Sorry for looking stupid, I made "extensive testing" before posting,
> but a "small detail" has been missed, I tested on a machine with old
> kernel, uname came from wrong window...
>
> I *cannot* reproduce the error on 2.4.4 + 5.3.14. Great!
>
> 5.3.8 loses updates, but it doesn't mean anything, time for upgrade.
>
> > It looks like a bug.
>
> No, not with 5.3.14.

Great, a largish patch got merged into the 2.4.4 kernel which changes
the way we deal with containerfiles. I was afraid you found a problem
with this new code.

>From my own experience the new kernel module actually results in better
consistency of cached filedata. Especially during repair sessions where
we sometimes were seeing wrong or missing data in the files under
repair.