Coda File System

Re: [QUESTION ANSWERED][coda and devfsd]: how to setup (device file)

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 01:24:51 -0400
On Mon, Jun 25, 2001 at 11:32:28PM +0200, Sangohn Christian wrote:
> I see it now: /dev/coda/0 is automatically created. Someoen has to tell me
> that ;-)
>
> Hello!
>
> Ist coda devfsd compliant? How do I make /dev/cfs0  be created automatically
> when using devfsd? Isn?t this (at least one of) the purposes of devfs?
> TIA

You can also change /etc/coda/venus.conf to define
    kerneldevice=/dev/coda/0

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 12:57:14PM +0200, Sangohn Christian wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Debian packages (coda-client I presume) are definitivly missing the
> fiel/program/script venus-setup. There are many references to it in the
> documentation especially for the setup of a coda client.
> Can someone mail to me please? Until it is hopefully included in the next
> release of the Debian package(s).

On Debian, the venus-setup functionality has been put into debconf. So
you would use 'dpkg-reconfigure coda-client'.

If you really want venus-setup on Debian,

$ cat > venus-setup << EOF
#!/bin/sh
dpkg-reconfigure coda-client
EOF