Coda File System

Connection timeout

From: Wim Godden <wim_at_godden.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 15:11:21 +0200
I've set up 2 coda servers (1 SCM). The 2 servers are called sni and
alfastar. They are supposed to have a root volume called vserver.
Running vice-setup gave no problem, RVM was created fine, etc.

So I ran :

/root> createvol_rep vserver E0000100 /vicepa
Servers are (sni alfastar )
V_BindToServer: binding to host alfastar.godden.net
GetVolumeList finished successfully
HexGroupId is 7f000000
creating volume vserver.0 on sni (partition /vicepa)
V_BindToServer: binding to host sni.godden.net
creating volume vserver.1 on alfastar (partition /vicepa)
V_BindToServer: binding to host alfastar.godden.net
Fetching volume lists from servers:
V_BindToServer: binding to host alfastar.godden.net
GetVolumeList finished successfully
 alfastar - success
V_BindToServer: binding to host sni.godden.net
GetVolumeList finished successfully
 sni - success
V_BindToServer: binding to host sni.godden.net
VLDB completed.
<echo vserver 7f000000       2 d000001 d000001 0 0 0 0 0 0 E0000100 >>
/vice/db/VRList>
V_BindToServer: binding to host sni.godden.net
VRDB completed.
Do you wish this volume to be Backed Up (y/n)? [n] n
/root>

This all seemed to be good... the servers were running fine. I ran
venus-setup and started venus, which told me /coda had been mounted. But
when I try to access /coda I get a connection timeout.

Any ideas ?