Coda File System

R: R: coda + reiserfs

From: Andrea Cerrito <ml_at_centromultimediale.it>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:36:59 +0200
> Currently, Coda shouldn't really see any improvement with the more
> advanced btree based directories that reiserfs provides, in fact the
> additional overhead to keep the tree balanced will probably only give a
> slowdown.
>
> Perhaps it would be advantageous to have a config option to actually use
> to a flat venus.cache layout for filesystems that don't have O(n)
> complexity for directory lookups/operations.

Surely, having fses on reiserfs is not a bad idea... but I think that is
paranoid to have reiserfs to speed up the cache of a network fs!! I'm using
reiserfs for my cache dir of squid, because with 6gb of data it surely makes
the difference... but for a little cache, and when you say that may exist
some overheads, I don't see any really advantage.

Anyway, a config option for optimizing is always welcome: but may the option
be changed on-the-way? ;)

I'll appreciate any comments :).
---
Cordiali saluti / Best regards