Coda File System

Re: how do I increase my venus cache?

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 22:01:59 +0930 (CST)
According to Steffen Neumann:

>Yes, you need to -init.
>Afterwards the DATA container should be size 100M.

Nope, it is only 2.2Meg!

>What about du -sh /coda/whatever while connected, how much does it
>show ?

About 2.8Meg

>I don't know how coda handles sparse files, but are there files like
>open("/coda/somewhere"); seek(+30MB); close() ?

Unlikely, most of the files are source code or compiled object files.
All I know is that I seem to be hitting some sort of limit - my coda
works fine but if I compile up a particular tree I start getting
problems with files not staying in cache on my laptop.  It does seem
to be related to the number of files I have in my volume because the
problem goes away if I remove files from the volume.

This is on a NetBSD 1.5-ish machine running 5.3.5, I have plenty of
free diskspace on the machine.