Coda File System

Re: crash

From: Florian Schaefer <listbox_at_netego.de>
Date: Fri Aug 31 01:28:19 2001
On Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:21:18 -0400, Jan Harkes said:

>On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 08:19:57PM +0200, Florian Schaefer wrote:
> > I attached the output after I did "cfs cs" because I didn't want to
> > clobber the output with the linebreaks of this mail.
>
> Ok, I've taken some time to look at this trace.

Thanks a lot for taking the time.

> The server crash is not triggered by 'cfs cs', but the reintegration
> that starts when the servers are found to be up. The crash happens at
> the end of the reintegration phase, strangely enough while dereferencing
> a pointer that was allocated earlier on in the reintegration. I don't
> see how that pointer can get lost/corrupted.
>
> The simplest solution for now is to purge the modification log on the
> client so that it won't try to reintegrate the local changes that are
> triggering the crash.

What is the modification log? I created the tarball backed it up and
deleted the wohle dir witch my userid. Furthermore I moved /usr/coda/LOG
to another place but as venus would not start then I decided that this
file is important and put it back to it's orinignal place. So I ended
having deleted /usr/coda/spool/<userid>. But "cfs lv" still shows the
pending entries, venus still tries to sync the changes with the server,
oh and of course, crashes vice.

What have I done wrong?

Ciao
Florian