Coda File System

Re: error on login?

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 16:25:10 -0400
On Sun, Sep 23, 2001 at 03:03:48PM +0200, Florian Schaefer wrote:
> each time I do a clog for the first time after a reboot of my client I
> get this message on my console:
>
> coda_pioctl: Venus returns: -107 for (0x7f000000,0x1,0x1)

Interesting, this error is either ENOTCONN or VONLINE. VONLINE doesn't
seem to be used anywhere and ENOTCONN is only returned by GetTokens when
the user has no valid token. GetTokens should only get called when clog
is given the "-test" command line option. So I'm not sure how this error
got returned.

In any case, this message is printed by the kernel module whenever the
pioctl returns an error code. I guess originally all pioctls would
return success and shuttle the actual errorcodes in the returned data
blob and at some point we simply started returning errorcodes as ioctl
failures.

I guess the options are to either change how we return errors, or to
remove that printk in the kernel.